Friday, 11 May 2012

5b


The Director of Ballet Theatre UK told me that I had almost covered all the codes of practice that steer the ethical framework of the company.

However I had missed out-

·        As an experienced member of the company to set an example that would encourage younger and less experienced members to behave likewise.



As a dance teacher I looked in my teacher`s handbook and contract I had covered most points, but I failed to mention-

·        The “hands on” policy. Making a clear request to touch a pupil in the interest of teaching

·        Respecting the refusal to being touched by the Pupil taking into account age, adolescence, previous unfortunate experiences that the pupil may have come into contact with.

·        Not contacting any pupil by social networking sites such as Facebook.



After seeing how my thoughts and findings had almost been the same, I realised that the reason these policies and codes are drummed into us is because they are a driving force behind why the company or school work so well. When you work with other human beings who have their own views and experiences (good or bad) you need to be sensitive and fair (respecting them and striving to make a positive and constructive environment for them to work in as well as yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment